Mark this down as a momentous occasion in our adventure. Today I had my first full conversation in Dutch!!! It was not long and it was not pretty but it was good enough that I convinced the woman to talk only to me in Dutch! I was at the bakery and was able to tell her that I wanted half a loaf of this certain type of bread. She asked, in Dutch, if I wanted it sliced, and I was able to understand her and answer her back! I had tricked the Dutch woman into thinking I could actually speak Dutch!!
I walked out of that bakery with my head held high and a big smile on my face! Guess these classes are starting to pay off a little.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so Proud of you. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteGreat job Sam!
ReplyDelete