My husband left for Sweden this morning. Yes, Sweden the country, where until today there was a shooter on the loose killing immigrants in the country. I suggested he dye his hair blonde and speak with a Swedish accent but he felt he could hold his own.
Anyways, he is there for a conference. I am majorally bummed that I did not get to go with him. Although I was a little less bummed when I found out he didn't get a stamp on his passport. Apparently you can travel within the EU without getting your passport stamped. I really like getting mine stamped and want to try and get more countries than him! But that is besides the point.
He will be gone until Saturday. It was really like a scene out of a depressing movie this morning when I walked him to the bus stop. We stood in the rain, waiting for the bus and I kissed him goodbye and waved to him as the bus drove away, leaving me standing in the rain. Sad. Although this does mean that the bathroom floors can go an extra day without being cleaned!!! :)
So, he knew I was really bummed about not being able to go with him because we thought at one point I would be able to. However, another guy from his department ended up going and needed to room with him and we figured that could be awkward.
Dan planned this awesome surprise for me to help me feel better about staying here without him. He put together a spa night!!! He went and got fresh fruits and veggies from our favorite organic store and spent the morning and part of the time I was shopping, preparing the spa elements.
Later that night, he cleansed my face with a kiwi/orange/ carrot mask and then washed my hair in a banana, egg, orange mixture, and coated my face in another fruit laden mask. He rubbed my feet while the mask was setting and read to me from Song of Solomon. It was all pretty amazing!
(Don't worry I do have a towel on!) I'm pretty sure Dan enjoyed taking these pictures of me looking goofy. Notice that my head is in a bowl.
It was all very sweet and thoughtful. Who knew I didn't need to be paying for spa treatments? I just needed to get married!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Adam and I were also disappointed to find out that you don't get a passport stamp when entering Canada.
ReplyDeleteThat looks completely relaxing...and I'm so glad the passport stamp thing worked out for you. :) Hope you find some fun things to do this week without him there.
ReplyDeleteIs it weird the thought of someone washing my face and hair for me creeps me out? Probably why I'll never have a husband....awesome he made all those things himself though!
ReplyDeleteDan so thoughtful. I know sam really really enjoyed it. sam enjoy your week.
ReplyDeleteI'm sending this post right to Lea's mailbox! hehe, I'm sure he'll LOVE Dan for this one :)
ReplyDelete