Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sin City

When people found out we were moving to the Netherlands, we heard one of 4 things. "Legal pot, prostitution, tulips, and wooden shoes!". When I tell Dutch people this, they just shake their head. Since we've been here, we have seen wooden shoes and will see tulips in the spring. We have heard about shops in the city where we could buy pot. And we thought we had to go to Amsterdam to find brothels. But oh contraire my friends. There is a brothel not 80 meters from our house!!

While I dropped my bedding off to dry, I sneakily rode down the alley to take some pictures for everyone!




Apparently they are trying to shut down a lot of the brothels, especially in Amsterdam's red light district. There is a lot of criminal activity associated with them. Go figure. There are also some neat ministries that work with the prostitutes and try to help get them out of that lifestyle.

Anyways, since this is one of the most popular questions we get about living here, thought I'd share our neighborhood brothel.

No comments:

Post a Comment