I was thinking today how it doesn't really feel like Thanksgiving to me because everyone is working, there are no turkeys in the supermarkets, there are no "supermarkets", you can't find canned pumpkin, etc. But then I started making pumpkin cupcakes (pumpkin courtesy of Katie Theriot and recipe courtesy of Meagan Farber) to take to my Dutch class. I figured I'd spread a little Thanksgiving cheer.
That got me thinking about why we actually celebrated Thanksgiving, what the roots are, etc. I'll be honest, I had to Wikipedia it. Throughout all of this, I was reminded that most importantly, Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on the things that we are thankful for.
So here is my list and is not all inclusive.
1. 2010. Yep, the whole year. I would like to claim 2010 as MY year. It was a fabulous one.
2. My amazing Husband. Who during the past 8months has gone from boyfriend, to fiance', to husband. He is a great leader, a loving spouse, and a fantastic provider.
3. Family- My family has been so supportive through all of these crazy changes throughout this year. Life could've been made really difficult without their support. They stood to lose something as well but were so supportive and gracious.
4. More family- I gained another family this year as well and am so lucky that I gained a great family. So many people have problems and reservations about their in-laws but I consider myself blessed to be able to extend my family and have even more people who love us.
5. Europe-Sometimes I just look around while I'm out and am utterly amazed that I actually lived here. I'm pretty sure in all my life I never imagined LIVING in Europe. Visiting yes, living here, no. It is such an amazing opportunity and while there are hard times sometimes, this is such an incredible adventure.
6. Great friends- I have so many great friends, old and new. I'm thankful for my best friends who I am constantly missing. I'm thankful for my new friends here who have helped make this transition so much easier. I'm thankful for friends I have to return to for game nights and good food.
What a truly fantastic year. I have so much to be thankful for.
And now, I am going to be thankful for these. . .
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment