Tuesday, October 26, 2010

VIctory is MINE!!


Taco Salad it is!!!

Last night for dinner I had planned on fixing burritos with chips and salsa. However, plans were altered after finding out the tortilla shells were moldy (which in and  of itself is odd because I don't think I've had tortilla shells back home go moldy and I've had them around for a long time.). So I improvised and made taco salads using tortilla chips, the taco meat, lettuce, tomatoes, and shredded cheese.

Dan refused to believe that it was taco salad and kept saying it was nachos. Granted, I did not have it piled high with lettuce and tomatoes because i had not prepared that much for burritos, however, there was no question about it--it was taco salad.


Dan of course, is having a difficult time admitting defeat. We had agreed that we would poll it on the blog and let the readers decide and just as I suspected, I was right.

Dan says, "8 pieces of sliced lettuce does not a salad make.  I admit, lettuce is not generally found on nachos, but meat, tomatoes, cheese are all common nacho toppings.  And I was not saying that these were quintessential nachos but they were more nacho-like than salad-like. "

I believe this quote speaks for itself.

Thanks everyone for weighing in, I knew you wouldn't let me down. And to Lisa and Chris who were on the nacho side, you are Dan's new best friends. :)

2 comments:

  1. I actually polled my whole english class, they all agreed nachos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Just need to say that I love that you polled your class. They are all wrong, but it's still great. :)

    ReplyDelete