Today was a work day for me. I am cleaning a friend of mine's house for her once a week and was over at her house today. The first crazy thing that happened was a major storm blew up and it was pouring! It then started hailing, which is not unusual for back home but here, it's crazy. I'm glad I was not out biking in it because I probably would've gotten my eyes poked out by the hail.
So when I left the house it was still raining a little bit and it was a cold rain. As I bike away, trying to race home before it really starts pouring again, I was crossing a street, trying to make my way to the bike path. There was this man on a scooter, waiting for me to get on to the bike path so he could cross the street. Well, due to my position and his position, I kind of cut him off as I was trying to race across the street to avoid getting hit by a car. And by cut him off, I mean I just didn't allow him to go when he wanted to. So he starts gesturing and hollering in Dutch at me. I have no idea what the man is saying and before I know it, I'm yelling back " bwerp bwerp bwerp, blah blah..I can't understand YOU!". Yup, I literally made those weird sounds at the man, mocking his language.It just was a reflex! I am a terrible person. But was it really necessary to yell at me? I think not.
Hmm, I wonder if this new found biking situation is going to invoke some road rage in me??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Love the new bike, cute, cute! AND I bet that guy spoke English too, haha!
ReplyDelete