Saturday, October 23, 2010

Random thoughts

1. I'm sad I'm missing the MU/OU game. It comes on at 7pm, which is 3am our time. I did wear my MU sweatshirt today in honor of the game.

2. Bring on the comments Farbers. :)

3. I made dinner for our Italian neighbors who just had a baby. They asked if it was a special American meal. I don't know, is potato cheddar soup an American meal?

4. This made me wonder if they would even like potato soup or consider it dinner material. You have to think about these things ya know when living internationally. What if I offended them? Or what if right at this minute they are downstairs pouring out my soup? 

5. Hmm, I'm sure they liked it. 

6. At the grocery store today I saw what appeared to be a cardboard juice container with a picture of Mary and baby Jesus on the front.

7. Speaking of stores, customer service is pretty much non-existent here. But that is a whole other post in and of itself. 

8.  I have talked to two people now who are from a different country and who have had babies recently in the Netherlands. Good comments, baby having over here might be back on the table. (You're welcome moms!)

9. But still not for at least a year, if not two.

10. I keep forgetting that they don't celebrate Thanksgiving over here. They don't sell pumpkin in a can. How am I going to make pumpkin pies? I'm not even sure they sell turkey's. 

11. Whoops, I forgot I don't have an oven. Guess the lack of pumpkin and turkey's are a moot point.

12. Still on the hunt for non-aerosol can deodorant. Dan is starting to get frantic now because he didn't believe me when I said they didn't have it and now he's getting low on deodorant. Hmm, must put that on the list to bring back when we come home.

13. Or if you are coming over, throw some Secret deo in your suitcase for me.

14. When ARE you people coming over?Everyone is welcome.


15. Well, looks like it's about time to start cooking my own dinner. Yummy/cheap pasta!


16. And possibly a s'more for dessert. Dan had two last night. That's how good they are.

 

1 comment:

  1. I think potato cheddar soup is an American meal! It's a good choice for a giveaway dinner, I'm sure they loved it! ,-)

    ReplyDelete