Friday, October 1, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Best Friend!


Today is my best friend Meagan's 30th birthday. Meagan and I have been friends since we were in 6th grade. We were on the same softball team, where her dad was the coach. Our friendship quickly grew and before we knew it, we were best friends. For some odd reason, we thought it would be really cool to have my mom take posed pics of us in different outfits. Here is just one of many.We've been through so many things that life has thrown at us; boyfriends and breakups, college, living thousands of miles apart only to be brought back together as roommates and finally to now, living on separate continents. 

Meg has been by my side through many life changing events and been there to support them all. I was so sad today that I could not be there with her to celebrate her 30th birthday. So we did the next best thing and threw a mini-party here in Leiden for her via skype. 


Complete with a cake from one of the finest bakeries around!



The Dutch apparently don't understand the concept of adding the miniature "th" to make it 30th, but I think she got the idea!

Here's to my best friend and hoping that her next 30 years are even better than her first!! Love you Meg!!!!


3 comments:

  1. Love this post! You are both so blessed to have each other! And great party, Sam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After we got off Skype and I was salivating watching you and Dan eat that delicious-looking cake....my mom had brought me a cake from Whole Foods! YUM! Guess what...same kind of cake...(but without the charm and yumminess of it being from a European bakery!) It is a white cake with berry filling between the layers and lots of berries on top! I will enjoy that while you enjoy my Leiden cake!

    ReplyDelete