Today we got our beautiful, wonderful, perfect pots and pans! I've waited so long for these(nearly 4 weeks! ) and we've eaten nothing but sandwich's and grilled pizza since we've been here. And tonight we had the best homecooked meal I've made for us as a married couple, nevermind it's the only homecooked meal I've made since we've been married:) Here it is in progress...
Of course we had to have pasta. Now that we actually having cooking items, I'm eager to start looking at recipes. We're still oven-less so no chocolate chip cookie making for now.
Today we also got a tea-pot
and an "electric water cooker" as you can see in the background. So Dan has really embraced the Dutch tradition of drinking tea. It is starting to grow on me some but it kind of just tastes like watered down leaves. But everyone drinks it after meals so I'm trying to learn to embrace it. As they say, "When in Rome. . ."
And finally our meal was complete
Best meal ever!!! We even had real Parmesan cheese that I grated onto our pasta. Today we went to this store called Oil and Vinegar and got some Portuguese Olive Oil that was delicious! They had a ton of different Olive Oils in these glass vats so we tried a bunch and settled on one.
This weekend is the 3rd of October festival here in Leiden, which translates into crazy fair time with lots of dangerous rides and yummy food. I plan on taking lots of pictures and will have lots of stories. Doug is also coming in town this weekend so that will be fun having our first house guest. We still don't have a couch or a kitchen table so we may all be sitting indian style on the floor, pretentiously sipping our tea :)
Also, Wheel of Fortune emailed me again...hopefully I can be on the show soon, although right now I am without my passport as it has been mailed in to the US embassy to get my name changed. I hope i don't get stopped by someone demanding to see my "papers".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wheel of Fortune?! That was a random comment, but I must know more! The meal looked fabulous, by the way :)
ReplyDeleteOh! You may not have known but I am going to be a contestant on wheel of fortune. They came to KC and I tried out and got a letter saying I will be on it! woohoo!!! so they have been wanting me to come out and tape a show but i haven't been able to yet.
ReplyDelete