(These blog posts are a little delayed as we have been without internet access since we got here but I did write things down to put on the blog at this time!)
Today we left America. After tearful goodbye's at the KC airport, we boarded a plane to Chicago. The flight was short and uneventful and when we got to O'Hare, we had to walk a million miles to get to the international flights terminal. There we had our last “real” American meal. A philly cheesesteak sandwich and a large coke. We had to go through security again and were faced with the full body scanners for the first time. Dan went first and as I was unpacking my laptop I heard a TSA lady say “that's ridiculous!! He's not going to have a choice here pretty soon!!”. I assumed she was talking about Dan since he had just gone through the scanner and after I got violated by the body scanner, Dan informed me that he had refused the scan and that the TSA lady was not happy about it. Wish I would have known you could do that!
So our flight from Chicago to Ireland was uneventful, just how I like it., We caught some good winds and it only took us 6.5 hours to get there. Dan slept the majority of the way and I, of course, did not. We were actually not seated right next to each other but across the aisle. I did finish Hunger Games (thanks Meg!) and watched The Bounty Hunter and a few other tv shows. OH and I maybe listened to the best of Michael Jackson on the music channel:) Coming into Ireland was as beautiful as you can imagine. Rolling green countryside, fog in the lowlying areas and the sun coming up over the horizon.
We had a short layover in Dublin and then we boarded our plane to Amsterdam. That flight was just at an hour, so total our flights were less than 9 hours!! A friend I had met picked us up from the airport and I have some funny pictures of Dan smashed in the backseat of this tiny car with all 7 pieces of our luggage. We went and picked up our apt key and headed to our new home!!


No comments:
Post a Comment