Sunday, August 29, 2010

Wedding Day!!!


The day was perfect!! Everything I could've dreamed of! The girls(me and my bridesmaids) all  spent the night at the Elms after the rehearsal/dinner the night before. We had a delicious buffet at the Elms amidst some crazy thunderstorms on Friday night.  Then we spent my last night as a single woman drinking wine, hanging out in the pre-decorated reception room, and practicing the Thriller dance with my bridesmaids.  We finally got to bed around midnight or one and was able to sleep in until about 8:30. The girls had a friend from church coming to do their hair at 10am and I got to relax and hang out until my hair appointment at noon. Many thanks to all the friends and family who helped to get the reception room ready that morning!!!It was absolutely beautiful.

Once my hair was done, everything became a whirlwind. All the girls had to get dressed(I wasn't getting dressed until we were at the church). Before I knew it, it was time to take the walk down the aisle!!!! The ceremony was beautiful and funny and though I barely remember my vows, I do have them on video!!:)  The real fun started at the reception!! After getting all the required things done(dinner, cake cutting, dance, garter/bouquet), it was time to party!!!!!  All of my friends had been working for weeks to get down the Thriller dance and pulled it off quite nicely. Maybe i can figure out how to get the video uploaded. At some point, one of my uncle's came to me and told me that some "ladies of harley" from topeka were interested in coming in and dancing!  The more the merrier!  So we had one big party with wedding crashers!!! It was so much fun! I wish I could play that night over and over again!!!! Once I get the pics back from the photographer, I will post them on here. Should have them on Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment