Sunday, August 15, 2010

RING!

These are pictures of my new ring! Dan used his grandmother's setting and diamond to propose to me. The original setting was yellow gold with this beautiful diamond in it.  Dan had always planned to get me a different setting and he had picked out this amazing, hand engraved, Martin Flyer ring. He didn't have time to get it set before the proposal and we thought he was leaving the country sooner than he did. So, long story short, I have been waiting all summer and today we went and picked it up from the jeweler!!!!!

He wanted to "repropose", make sure i still wanted to marry him:) So, after driving to Columbia to get the ring, I told him I would wait outside while he was with the jeweler ( as it was supposed to only take 15-20 minutes) so he could surprise me with this ring. Well, 15-20 minutes go by, 30-45 minutes, and I'm walking around downtown Columbia in 95 degree heat. Finally I decide to stop at Jimmy John's for a drink and to clean out my purse. After an hour and 45 minutes I decide to check in at the jeweler, make sure that Dan hasn't taken the jeweler hostage or something. 20 minutes later, he is finally done. "Oh! It's been 2 hours baby? I didn't even know! The jeweler and I were having a grand ole time talking." nevermind his anxious fiance' who has been waiting 4 months..no...7 years and 4 months! for this ring.

We walked to the park where he got down on one knee again and told me all the things I couldn't remember from the first proposal and how excited he was to marry me in one week! I can't wait!!! I can't believe it's only 1 week away!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment