Saturday, August 14, 2010

Surprise!!!

I have a love/hate relationship with surprises. Ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you that I hate surprises and always try to ruin them. In reality, i LOVE surprises but am just too much of a control freak to go with the flow and get surprised!:)Well, today I got a big surprise that I loved and was caught off guard, even after i thought I figured it out. 

Dan had told me on Wednesday that he was going to be out of touch all day Thursday because they were doing work on the internet at his work. He had forwarded me an email stating such. I was bummed of course but knew I would get to speak with him on Friday. Well, Thursday I decided to check his itinerary for next week to double check he had the right flight booked and see what time it was coming in. As I was looking at his itinerary, I noticed that it said Friday, August 19. Well he was scheduled to come in on Thursday August 19th. So of course I started freaking out, thinking he had booked the wrong flight. Then my super sleuthing mind took over and I got to thinking that maybe he had altered the itinerary he sent to me and that he was really coming in on Friday(Today). So i checked and yes, you can alter an itinerary you send through email( in case anyone wanted to know) . So that got me thinking that maybe, just maybe, everything was an elaborate ruse and that he was coming into town early.

So i figured that Meagan would go pick him up but this morning came and went and Meg was still snug in her bed when she should've been picking him up. Then I thought that maybe his mom had driven down and was going to pick him up and then they would surprise me at The Elms. Well 2 hours at the Elms came and went and no dan. I finally got a hold of him and I was convinced that all my hopes were dashed and he was still sitting in Leiden. So I was sad and grouchy the rest of the day(ask my mom, meagan and dan, they will all verify). 

I come home after a long day of shopping and other things I wasn't in the mood for and about 30 seconds after I get in my house, there is a knock at the door and upon opening it, there is the most handsomest, amazing man, down on one knee, holding a bouquet of flowers. His name was Ted. HAHA just kidding, it was DAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am still on cloud nine. He meanwhile, is passed out asleep on the couch, exhausted from spending over 25 hours traveling and adjusting to a 7 hour time change. :)

More to come tomorrow about the meanness he attempted to do and the people he tried to ensnare in his devious plan:)

1 comment:

  1. He sounds like such a winner! :) You should be maybe be a detective in the Netherlands? lol

    ReplyDelete