Thursday, August 5, 2010

Wedding Preparation and News from Leiden

2 1/2 weeks from today, I will be marrying my best friend!! Hard to believe after all this time that is actually happening! This week has been wedding madness. After going to a friend from high school's wedding this weekend and realizing that 3 weeks from the exact time of their ceremony, I would be getting married, I decided I needed to kick my butt into gear! So this week has been wedding mania, with the majority of my days filled with running wedding errands, working on programs, checking with vendors, etc. Last night my mom and I spent 7 hours and were up until 1:30am, working on "already made" programs. Sometimes technology makes our life harder.  

But tonight, my aunts, mom, sister-in-law and maid of honor all got together to put the programs together, become expert bow-tyer's, and enjoy some good girl time. I'm so thankful for all their help and so thankful that it's done! Wedding planning is fun until you reach the wall and then it's just time to be married.

Dan is hanging in there in Leiden and getting like the city more and more. He has got to spend some time with friends in his department this week, even going to Amsterdam for dinner(don't worry, no red light district for him!:) ). He enjoys getting to know all the new people and is enjoying his work. 2 weeks from tomorrow, he will be here!!!!! We are still on the house hunt and are hitting panic mode. I'm sure something will work out but it's definitely getting down to the wire.

Next week starts more of the serious packing projects and getting it all done so that I can live out of a suitcase and "Bask in the fun and savor every moment of my last week here" as Meg says. So...if anyone has some time on their hands and wants to aid a pal in packing, let me know! It's always more fun with more people!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment