This week has been a flurry of preparations, trying to get ready for our first house guest. Our house went from a slight disaster with pieces of wardrobe scattered throughout our house to looking almost like a real home! Our beautiful, lovely wardrobe that we've been close to throwing out the window, piece by piece, has given us quite a bit of trouble. We had to turn around one of the doors around because some artistic genius decided to paint one of the dark wood doors white. This resulted in us having to unscrew and then screw in several old screws that are nearly impossible to get in. Thus, our wardrobe is put together and looking amazing--with one door that does not close completely. But Dan is going to fix it with new screws. For now, I've never been happier that my clothes are off the beach mats our neighbor loaned us and are put away in our wardrobe.
We also finished installing our lights in the bedroom and the "toilet room". Yes, we have a room we call the toilet room because it is separate from the shower room. We decided that while we don't necessarily mind using the bathroom in the dark, we should not subject our guests to it. I also had to clean the house. Whoever said that having all wood floors was a great idea either a.) had a maid or b.) was crazy. First I had to sweep the whole thing and then swiffer it and then swiffer/mop it. Ugh. Domesticity does not sit well with me during these times.
And in other, more scarier news, the US has apparently issued a travel warning for travelers in Europe due to new terror threats. They are urging us to stay away from major transportation hubs, points of interest, and to register with the US consulate. I'm sure nothing will come of it and I'm pretty sure that Leiden is not on the top of the terrorists list to hit but it is a little unsettling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Find a steam mop for your hard woods floors! It's so much better than a swiffer or regular mop. It gets them very clean and you don't have to worry about any excess water on the wood. I have hard wood floors too and they get cleaned alot more often now that I have a steam mop.
ReplyDelete