Saturday, February 26, 2011

Wheel. of . Fortune!! (Part 2)

So it was finally my turn. They touched up my makeup and escorted me up to my place on the stage. At this point I am trying not to throw up because I am so nervous. The lights are shining hotly down on me, there is a live studio audience, and I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of Pat Sajak!!

Cue Music. Here comes Pat and Vanna!! I was in the spot right next to Pat.  We played a toss up round and BAM! the game was on. I won the second toss up round and was secretly laughing inside because the category was TV Show and the answer was "The Good Wife", which happened to be my best friend's favorite tv show at the time. Then we got down to puzzle solving. All was going well until I got to the prize puzzle. I knew that darn puzzle but when it came to me again, i got so nervous I blurted out a letter that I knew wasn't in the puzzle, "K". The guy ended up winning the whole prize puzzle...but I was ok with it because the trip was to the Smokey Mountains, was the exact place we had been a few months before on our honeymoon. The reality was, we probably weren't going to make a trip back to the States to take a trip to the Smokey Mountains. But I do cringe thinking about all the money I lost that round. . . :( However, it might have changed the tune of the game and I may not have won the next round!!


So the next round is where I won the trip to the Bahamas!! My next post will be about the place we are going to but a 7 day trip worth $9700???Yes, please! This put me up ahead to win the whole thing and go to the Bonus Round.

The Bonus Round meant I got extra time with Pat, my friends and family got to be on tv, and I had a chance to win more money!! It was SO nervewracking. And I was soo close!!!  I was $40,000 too late. It's still hard to think about how close I was and losing that money. But I had a great time, came up with $9000 in cash, a $9700 trip to the Bahamas, and an experience of a lifetime. 


One thing I learned from my time on Wheel of Fortune...everyone is much smarter when sitting home playing from the couch. :)

1 comment: