Monday, February 28, 2011

Recent Happenings

Last week was a full week! With Dan's 30th birthday and my Wheel of Fortune debut, we barely had time for much else! Dan's birthday was on Wednesday so I made him a cake to take to work with him on Tuesday for a meeting. It's a Dutch tradition that you bring things in for your birthday. . .seems so backwards. I guess we do that in elementary school but. . . Anyways, then on his actual birthday, we started out the day with homemade blueberry muffins in bed and I hung up little notes all over the house, with one in his lunch. I had to babysit that day so I rushed home afterwards and got things picked up a little and showered. Hence my wet hair in the pictures. :)

For his birthday, he wanted us to cook dinner together and picked a recipe for us to try. It was a moroccan couscous with all sorts of vegetables in it. Right up my alley.  .  .Not. But it wasn't my birthday. Then I cooked a garlic, cheddar chicken he loves. And we topped it all off with a homemade cheesecake.

We followed it up that weekend with a Wheel Watch party at our house combined with a party for Dan. It was so fun to have all of our friends over and to watch the show together. Here are some pictures from all the events!


No comments:

Post a Comment