In 3 days (4 if you count the day of) my life is going to drastically change. Life as I have lived for the last 29 years will cease to exist. Well, while that may be a taaaad dramatic, it is true that my life is about to make a huge change!I feel like I have been going, going, going and have not had much time to reflect on some of these changes. Obviously I have been thinking and praying for a long time about the marriage decision and what it looks like to be a wife. But it suddenly seem a lot more daunting when you have to put your money where your mouth is!:)
It's beginning to sink in that we are actually leaving the comforts of home cooking, free refills, and yard space to head for a very foreign country where we know very few people(although the people we do know, have been amaazzzing and such a great support and encouragement!), have to walk/ride a bike everywhere, and are a 10 hour plane flight away from everything important to us(besides each other). For those who have been following this journey so far, we got an apartment!!!! Well, we have sent the money and the signed contract in so if we were dealing with America, I would say it's as good as done but based on the experiences we have, I'm not going to breathe a sigh of relief until the keys are in hand;) But it appears we will not be homeless! more to come with pictures later!
This week has been great having Dan back. For a few days, I forgot we were planning a wedding and just basked in having him near me. We got our marriage license on Monday. I teared up when were getting it...I think that's a bad sign of things to come regarding wedding tears! Dan says the $60 is non-refundable so there's no backing out now:) That same night, I received an email from my DJ telling me he will not be able to DJ my reception due to moving for a job...after bursting into tears and having a "moment", I did what any sane person would do...posted my need on facebook. It was amazing the responses I got. Everyone is so wonderful and it looks like we will have a DJ for the same (great) price our original DJ was going to do!!! So, first major wedding crisis averted.
After that fiasco, Dan and Meg spent part of the night rolling out tulle, using tulle to recreate Madonna's "Vogue", and helping me check one more thing off my list.
They are wonderful and I love them for their help.
People keep asking me if I'm nervous and then reporting that I don't seem to be. It's true, I'm not. Come Saturday I'm sure there will be butterflies and if someone could catch me if i faint walking down the aisle, that'd be fantastic:) I'm confident in the decision that has been made. I'm excited to marry my best friend. I'm excited to start this new chapter in our lives. I'm excited to see what kind of crazy plan God has for us overseas. And I'm excited to live in a "flat" in a building that was built in 1650, on a street named Hogewoerd (yep, sounds just like Hogwarts).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yea for the apartment, I'm so excited for your adventure, Sam. I'm already thinking of when I can come see you! Can't wait to see you tie the knot on Saturday!
ReplyDelete