Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Birthday America!

Today is America's 234th birthday! I love being an American! Prepping to leave the country has caused me to reflect more this year on our country and the great things that come with it. I asked Dan to send me a list of his top 5 things he misses about America after being in the country just over a month now. Here is his list:

5) Free refills on drinks
4) Cars
3) Lawns
2) English

And the number 1 thing I miss most in America is .........

1) YOU (awww!)


I've made a list of some of the things I love most about America! See below



 1.) My precious niece and I decorating "American flag" cupcakes 




2.) Wearing Star glasses

 
3.) My goofy brother and me waving glowstick American flags, trying to come up with all the words to the National Anthem.




4.) Celebrating birthday's with family! Happy 50th birthday Jerry!!!




5.) Alyssa wearing headphones with mema because she was scared of the BOOM






6) My brother and Courtney lighting fireworks and waving glowstick flags






7.) Fireworks! Who knows if they even know what fireworks are in Holland!!


8.) and with no picture to accompany their faces as they seem to run from the camera, Kevin and Karli.


All of these things I will miss greatly! I'm glad i got to spend another 4th of July with everyone. I'm also going to miss backyard bbq's, impromptu time with friends, freedoms, and more! 


I think it's also important that we thank our veterans and those who are serving our country to allow us to continue celebrating this day. My brother Kevin served our country with the US Navy for 6 years, spending a year in Iraq. My cousin is currently in Germany and will be deployed to Afghanistan in January to defend our country. THANK YOU for continuing to do this and believing in something greater.


Happy 4th of July of everyone!!!

1 comment: