Monday, July 12, 2010

Bridal Weekend!

This weekend was full of all things bridal!!!! My future mother-in-law, Cheyrl, was in town as well as one of my out of town Bridesmaid's, Brandy. Friday night we went to the Elms to check out the church we are going to be married in to get ideas for decorations. We also wanted to try out the buffet the Elms had to see if we wanted that for the rehearsal dinner. I definitely had to suck in a bit more at my dress fitting the following day because of it but it was so worth it!!There were two other weddings that they were getting ready for on Saturday. It made me so excited to think that in 41 days, that will be me!!!!

Saturday was my first dress fitting!It was soo much fun to put the dress back on again. Not gonna lie, it was hot and there was lots of tears all around!:) We also tried different hair designs with the dress on and the veils. I can't believe it's coming up so fast!!!

Saturday night we went downtown to eat at Arthur Bryant's. Jealous? cuz you should be. This is also another option for the rehearsal dinner we wanted to let Cheyrl try but this time I didn't have to worry about fitting into my dress the following day!!

Sunday was spent at church and watching the Netherlands lose the World Cup. I didn't get to watch much of the second half but saw lots of reports that the Dutch were playing dirty?? Surely not my tulip loving, wood shoe wearing, windmill spinning, new home country to be??? 

Then Leanne hosted a fantastic shower at her work, The Classic Cup! It was so beautiful and so much fun! I had such a great time! Who knew parties that were there to honor you could be so fun?! oh wait...:)
I am going to try and include a link to the pictures from the party(click on the "bridal shower pictures" below. yes, Leanne did make that cake from scratch, including the shoe on top and yes it was sooooo delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment