So, not much excitement today. I was sick the whole day and mostly in bed. And no moms, NOT pregnant!!!! Dan didn't go in until late and stayed home and took care of me. When you don't have a toaster to make toast and nothing to cook soup in, you get real creative. He roasted some bread over our gas stove for me:) It was sweet. Speaking of getting creative... one other weird thing I forgot to mention in yesterday's post is that they don't put their eggs in the fridge here. Yes, you read that right. Eggs=not refrigerated. So for that reason (and because we have nothing to cook with yet) we have not eaten eggs. People swear they're safe but really??
Hmm, Dan also brought me a present home because he forgot to pick up my 7-up and crackers(which he did later go back and get). He brought me home a cast-iron flat skillet, this one to be exact.
So we did have our first, hot, homecooked meal tonight. Unfortunately I am not familiar with a gas stove and nearly set myself and our house on fire. Seriously, it just WHOOSHED out fire when I turned it on...and pushed the little button to ignite. Anyway, we still had sandwich's but HOT sandwich's! With Cool American Doritos (translate, cool ranch doritos). Neither of us really liked doritos prior to coming here, but now they give us just a little taste of back home.
Also, no bike till Saturday due to my being sick:(
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


WHOA just catching up and I can't even see the fridge you are describing...this sounds like such a great cooking challenge! CROCK POT cooking, sam...that's what it's ALL about! and the dutch oven, which you mentioned...oh fun!
ReplyDeletehope you're feeling better. they don't refrigerate eggs in Peru either. I ate some and lived. sounds like you were well taken care of.
ReplyDelete