Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wedding planning

This is the church we are getting married in. It's an old historic Episcopalian Church. Story goes that the man who built the church back in like 1918 immigrated over from England and missed his little country church so much that he built one just like it. The outside is all stone and very beautiful. It is actually right across the street from the Elms. We were initially going to have our ceremony outside in the gazebo at The Elms but Dan didn't like the view and honestly, wearing a very heavy dress in the middle of August wasn't too appealing to me either.
 This is the old historic hotel we are having our reception in!! It's so beautiful inside. And be forewarned...it's haunted!!! No joke, Brandy and I experienced it ourselves on a girl's weekend last year. But that's another story for another day. The history behind this hotel is very interesting. It has burned down twice! Anyways, it's beautiful and I can't wait to party there!!!!

All wedding planning is going great! All the major pieces are complete! Now, to get to the fine details. I have my first dress fitting in a few weeks...have definitely been hitting the gym hard!:) We are going up to The Elms to do "Event detail planning", whatever that means! and then in July, wedding showers start! Everyday I'm reminded of how great it is to have a short engagement...for multiple reasons. With this short of an engagement, something is always happening! I always have something coming up right around the corner to look forward to. I have loved planning this wedding and have remained relatively unstressed for the most part! 

Funny story. So before Dan left, I wrote him a card for each week that he was going to be gone, with strict instructions not to open it until the designated week.  Just so he'd have something to look forward to each week. Well on Sunday, he was having a "homesick moment", which is when he broke down and had his doritos/dr pepper/pringles attack.  Anyways, he was definitely bummed and missing everything American. I tried to cheer him up by encouraging him to open his card for the week, since it was Sunday. But then I remembered that that weeks card was actually a list of all the things he was probably missing from America, #1 being me:)...whoops! I told him he might want to hold off on that one until Monday! I didn't want to add fuel to the fire:)

And on the best note of all, Dan comes back in 9 1/2 weeks!!!!! yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment