The last few weeks (ok, last week, i'm a procrastinator!) has been spent purging my house, my storage room, my mom's house, and my dad's house of "things" i've accumulated over the last 29 years. I wanted to get a jump start on getting rid of things so that when it's closer to time to move, it won't be a mad rush. So Meg and I decided to have a garage sale. If you ever want to find out what's really important to you, move to another country where all you can take is 2-3 suitcases. But suprisingly, it wasn't as difficult as I thought. I had just accquired way to many things. As my mom said a few weeks ago when she was cleaning out her closets, "It's sinful how much stuff i have!". (Hmm, thanks mom for passing on that trait!)
But with the help of great friends and family, it all came together for a very successful sale and most importantly, I am down to minimums on what is left. I did get a little sad when left to myself, surrounded by the last 10 years of my life. I think it all hit me that it's really happening! I am getting married and moving out of the country. I am closing..no, slamming shut, a chapter in my life and opening another one. It is exciting and sad all at the same time. I started to get teary-eyed and rushed upstairs to skype Dan and lament about closing the chapter. These are the times that the 7 hour time difference really stinks! He was fast asleep (as he should be, it was 3am there!). So i just continued on pricing away my old life and sifting through memories of good times and bad, being thankful that I had those memories and remembering all the great times that this chapter has held. I know this next chapter is going to be more than i can even begin to imagine and I am more and more excited everyday to get it started.
By the way, the Netherlands are 2-0 in World Cup games, US is (hmm, not really sure how you would depict this...) 0-2--0(tied 2 games) thanks to a really crappy call by a ref! Apparently everything stops when the Dutch play soccer. pretty cool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Hey girl- I totally understand the time zone issue. When Brian is in China, he is 13 hours ahead of us, so 8 am here is 9 pm there, it gets tricky the times we can connect. Him and Taylor have had some of those SKYPE calls like the commercial with the kid saying good night and dad saying good morning! Hang in there, enjoy these next few weeks!
ReplyDeleteObviously, I am a little behind checking out the blog, because I just read this post today...and it made me so sad!! In a little over one month you will be gone!! I am thinking of all the memories over these last nine years...to many to count!
ReplyDelete