Well, I know everyone is anxiously awaiting pics from Dan from the netherlands...oh, no? just me? well I am. But for anyone who knows Dan, he is always a little slow on the uptake in just about everything he does so the pics are coming at some point. . .just maybe when I get over there ;) So I thought I'd provide you a little update about my life here in America!In the last week, I have put my notice in at work, 95% sold my car, and started working summer school.
First, things went extremely well when telling my boss I was leaving. Due to the way our contracts are, my last day will be June 30!!! I'm still having trouble processing that I may be done with work for awhile after that. Actually I am going to be looking for a part time job for a few weeks if anyone knows of anything!!!
Secondly, I sold my car!!! I re-listed it on craigslist and this guy seems to want to buy it! Hopefully it will be finalized this week. He is waiting on the loan to come through but is hoping it is done by Wednesday! That is a huge blessing as we will not be able to afford a car we will not be driving when we're over there!!! Plus it saves me 2 extra months of car payments and insurance!!
And thirdly, summer school. Ahh summer school. You are the bane of my working existence. So, for summer school we are all at different schools than our home school. The school usually has a few other schools with it. This year I am with the Kindergärtners(just coming into K for the first time today!) and kids going into 1st grade. WOW. Dan and I have been talking a lot about birth control methods to use, this is a good one. The first day is always chaotic and out of control and no one really knows what's going on. This includes students who don't know their names. This morning we had a little girl who did not appear to know her name. She was trying to find her class but when asked her name, could only tell us her first name, Jasmine. So we kept coming up with smart ways to try and find out her last name. We'd find names similar to Jasmine and ask her if that was her name and she'd say yes. She'd say her name was Jaslyne leanne Nicole. We'd ask if her name was leanne, she'd say yes. We asked her if she could write her name and she said yes. She then proceeded to write "Chetnie"...Me"but i thought your name was Jasmine", lost student "It is." Me "Why'd you write your name as Chetnie?" lost student"cuz that's my name". Hmmm. So then we just took her to each Kindergarten classroom and asked the teacher who they were missing on their roster. Each name we'd say "Is your name Mikayla Finke?" "Yes". Me"but you said your name was Jasmine?" student" that is my FAKE Name." This went on and on for quite some time. Finally the last K class we tried, there was a Chetnie on the list and there was no Chetnie counted present. There was also another little girl who recognized her from her bus. So Chetnie made it to class safe and sound and the mystery was solved for the day. I am not cut out for Kindergarten. I am not cut out for summer school. Only 3 1/2 weeks left.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment