Monday, February 27, 2012

Gender Reveal from Abroad

We kind of tricked our families because we wanted a way to surprise them with the sex of the baby since we couldn't do it in person. We told them that we were finding out on Friday when we actually found out on Thursday. Let me tell you, a 7 hour time difference can be torturous when you're wanting to share good news!!:) We decided that we would send a bouquet of pink flowers to both of our moms with a card saying, " It's a girl!!! Love, Dan, Sam, and Eleanor Anne". So after we found out and went to a baby store to buy a few cute girl things :) Dan headed back to work and I headed home to wait until florists would open to be able to order the flowers. 

I placed the orders and now all I had to do was wait. I had tricked my mom into being home in the morning by telling her that I had her birthday present being delivered and UPS said they would be delivering it  between 10 and 1 (she had to leave for work at 1:20). Dan's mom was going to be taking a half day so we really needed both of those flowers to be delivered in the morning because there was no way I could wait until nighttime to spill the beans! Well, for Cheyrl, the flowers arrived quicker than I thought and Dan wasn't home yet! I kept debating whether to answer the phone or not but decided too late and she had already hung up and in the time it took me to call her back, she had already ran out of her office and was showing the flowers around!:)



My mom called a bit later and was still crying and nearly hysterical on the phone. Apparently she had given my brother the scare of his life when she got the flowers. After it sunk in what she was reading, she started screaming and crying for my brother in such a way that he thought she was being attacked. I seriously wish we had a video camera sometimes. . .





1 comment:

  1. LOVE the way your revealed the gender! Babies are soooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete