Thursday, February 16, 2012

Stroller Mania

So lately Dan and I both have been the creepy people on the street stalking people with baby strollers. Any time someone walks by with a stroller, we try to check out the brand, see if we like it, and note any glaring deficiencies. We are not very good at being discreet. People give us a weird look that says, "quit creepily staring at my child or I will hurt you". We quickly explain to them that we are having a baby and trying to decide on a stroller. Then they become very helpful and tell us what they like or don't like about their stroller.

For us, the stroller is going to be one of our bigger investments. If we were back in the States, it wouldn't be that big of a deal because we would only use it for walking around Wal-Mart or the park. Here, it will be our baby's only means of transportation for the first 6 months, until it can get on one of these...

and even after we are able to tote it around on our bike, I will still use the stroller for everyday activities like going to the grocery store. So it's important that our stroller is made well (we want it to last for more than one kid), that it can handle all sorts of different terrain, can stand up to the elements, and that it looks cute:)  Dan and I have differing opinions on which ones we like, mostly for aesthetic reasons I think and I think that since I will be the one pushing it on a daily basis, I should win this but we'll see. Here is the adorable one I like (I included 2 pics so you could see one in color). It's called Bugaboo Chamelon




And here is the one Dan likes; It's called Joolz.

They both come in different colors and we would probably get a more neutral one(although you guys know I'm totally digging the pink if it's a girl!) so we could use it for more than one baby. To be honest, they are both nice strollers and don't really look that different now that I have them posted together. We haven't seen the Joolz in person, only the bugaboo. Hopefully we will check them both out in person this weekend. They both have adorable rain covers (which is much needed in this country), footmuffs (which is basically a warm pouch to put the baby in) and under carriage storage, although bugaboo seems to have more-which is another reason I like it better. Storage is necessary unless baby wants to share their carriage with groceries. Luckily we still have time to decide but I am super excited about the stroller situation.

1 comment:

  1. Sam!!! I found your link and I am so excited for you guys. A baby! Yeah! they are so much fun. Jen

    ReplyDelete