Friday, March 9, 2012

Life lately

Things have been pretty calm here lately. We have been trying to figure out our housing situation for when Eleanor gets here and I have been battling what seems like every pregnancy symptom in the book. I'm convinced Ellie is making this a symptom filled pregnancy so that she can convince her mom not to go through another pregnancy so she can be an only child:) I've had pretty bad round ligament pain, which is basically just muscle pain on the left side of my pelvis. Apparently it's from all the stretching happening to the ligaments. It's aggravated when I'm physically active, like say, ohh riding my bike? Sometimes I come home and can barely walk but luckily I have recently discovered some stretches that seem to help it when it's hurting really bad. I've also started developing heartburn in the evenings. It's not terrible yet but enough to make me think about not eating anymore. And of course, not sleeping. I toss and turn all night long, switching out pillows, stuffing them between my knees, shaking my arms to wake them up, etc. Sometimes I just look over at Dan sleeping peacefully away and I want to shake him awake because if I'm suffering, he shouldn't get to rest peacefully right? Although I guess it's better that one of us is in our right mind throughout the day ;)

But despite all of this, I am reminded daily of how worth it all of it is when I feel Ellie kicking me. It's the craziest thing and her kicks or punches are getting stronger now. This morning she woke me up with a swift kick to my bladder. She apparently is getting a good night's sleep and thought it was time for me to get up and get going. It's so fun to feel her kick and Dan has even felt her kick a few times! He was actually the first one to feel it!!

Hopefully I'll have a housing update this weekend. We have been trying to narrow it down and think we might have a winner but it won't be confirmed until later this weekend. I hope it all works out because I'm very excited about decorating a nursery for Eleanor and we already got this awesome crib for free!!! (that is not our bedding, just the crib).

No comments:

Post a Comment