Tuesday, December 14, 2010

WHEEL.OF.FORTUNEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

The day started out early, with me catching a shuttle from the hotel to Sony Studios, along with about 10 other contestants. You could tell everyone was nervous and excited. Everyone was talking about where they were from, solving puzzles, past game shows, etc. No one else from Missouri that day!

When we arrived at the Studios, we were greeted by the contestant assistants and ushered into the studio.  We did paperwork for awhile and then went out onto the set. Talk about surreal. There I was on the set of Wheel of Fortune, looking at the wheel, the puzzle, and all the sights you see on tv. The set was much smaller than you would think. We practiced spinning the wheel a few times (the wheel is HEAVY!!), calling out letters and buying vowels, and checking out the used letter board. Afterwards we headed back into our room and who walked in?? Vanna White! I hardly recognized her in her juicy coture sweatpants, a t-shirt, and her hair wet and pulled back. She was super nice and visited with us for a few minutes.

Then it came time to find out what show we were going to be on. They tape 6 shows a day, which are drawn at random. I was hoping for one of the first 5 shows because the theme for that week was "Sand and Sea" and aired in February. My group of 3 got show #5!!!!! Which meant we wouldn't tape until later in the day but at least I was still in that week.

Then it was time for makeup. I seriously need a make-up artist all the time. She did airbrush on my face and it looked awesome! We were constantly be touched up all day long. Next we were all ushered back out onto set to film a commerical for our local newsstation that will air the week of our show! So if you're in the Kansas City area, check out KSHB, 41 to see my smiling mug telling you to watch Wheel of Fortune!:)

Then it came time for the first show so we all headed out to the audience (a secluded part) and kicked off the day's festivities! It was exciting and nervewracking all at the same time. We felt happiness and sadness for the contestants, as we had all grown close throughout the morning. It's true what Pat says, the wheel can be harsh.

Before I knew it, lunch had passed and they were calling for the 5th show contestants. I thought I was going to pass out from nerves when I walked up on thes tage and the music started, signaling the start of the show. I'll admit, I was a little starstruck when Pat walked out and stood next to me but then it was time to focus and get down to business.

We did the toss ups and then I was the first to spin the wheel. . . the rest of the show went super quick and was filled with ups and downs. They tell us not to put out details on the internet because they want people to watch the show. So I can't disclose what happened but you will want to watch because you will probably be seeing a lot of me!!!

It was such a great experience. I'm glad that it's over and my stomach can go back to normal. There really were no losers because everyone gets $1000 regardless of if you win any puzzles.

Remember to tune in February 25, it's a Friday! I'll remind everyone as it gets closer! And in the meantime, Big Money, Big Money!!!!!

1 comment: