At this time tomorrow, I will be back home in Missouri!!! As you can see from the map, there's quite an ocean to span before arriving safely at home. It's hard to believe I actually live so far away from the U.S. And I'm wondering now if this map is drawn to scale. . .oh well you get the idea.
We have gotten an unseasonal amount of snow this week. We definitely have a few inches on the ground and it has snowed like crazy since last night. I have been sick most of the week(thank you crazy weather-having to ride around on my bike with snow blowing in my face) so it has prevented me from getting a lot done. But Thursday night (shops stay open until 8pm!! which is a miracle here) Dan and I went and got some more Christmas shopping done, as well as a few things for myself and my national tv appearance. :) Today we had to finish up the shopping and naturally it was snowing like crazy. We spent a good 3 hours traipsing around different places, getting Christmas presents, and things to take back home. As we were walking around, we wondered why there were so many people out on this snowy day and we were reminded that Sinterklaas comes tomorrow night. Everyone was out doing their last minute shopping.
So now it is time to start packing, deliver some Christmas goodies to my neighbors, and pray for the snow to stop both here in and in Chicago, where I will be flying to. The next time you hear from me, I will be stateside! Dan will still be here as he can't come until December 20th. I have a feeling this month at home is going to be a whirlwind.
I can't wait to see everyone and eat some Chipotle! I hope I remember how to drive a car. . .
Pray for safe travels and I'll see you stateside!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment