The other part I did not have time to write about this morning was my fear that I was on the plane with a terrorist. Yes, a terrorist.
After I was seated on the plane, a man got on who looked to be of Italian descent. He sat caddy cornered behind me, so if I were to glance back, I would see him. This became a problem later on in the flight. We were sitting there as the flight attendants came on and gave the safety spiel. He was on his phone and was covering the mouthpiece as he talked into it!! Suspicious right? Could've been that the person he was talking to couldn't hear him well because it was loud in the plane but I leaned towards terrorism planning.
He continued talking like this after we were told to shut off our cell phones. I kept glancing back at him and naturally he caught me everytime. So now I was convinced that not only was he going to blow up our plane, he was going to make sure that I was the first one to go.
Throughout the flight, I kept trying to casually look back, just to keep an eye on things. Unfortunately it seemed that he was keeping an eye on me because nearly everytime I looked back, he was staring straight at me. I nonchalantly acted like I was trying to see out his window...until I realized that was a mistake since his window was closed. This continued throughout much of the 8 hour flight. The one time he got up to go to the bathroom, I felt he was gone for way too long of a time(because it's my duty to decide how long one should take in the bathroom. . .)and was convinced that the tail of the plane was about to be blown off and our little plane would go careening into the Atlantic.
However, we made it. The man was not a terrorist and in fact was very nice. We walked together on our way to customs. He was from Holland, going to America to visit his mother and brother, whom he hadn't seen in 8 years. I felt pretty bad about thinking he was a terrorist but maybe people should be more careful about talking in hushed tones on an airplane. . .I'm just saying. It would make my flying experience more peaceful.
Or I suppose I could learn that the odds of a terrorist being on my plane are slim to none. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment