Thursday, July 26, 2012

Life recently

I am currently 1 week and 1 day overdue. I have an induction date scheduled for Monday. This baby is coming out whether she likes it or not:) But for now, an update on the recent happenings that do not include baby! My parents arrived last Monday, so they've been here about 10 days now. They have been adjusting great to the Dutch life. They are regular bicyclers and love rolling around town to different places.
Their first few days here, they got to experience the typical Netherlands weather, as you can see from the picture above. But for the last week or so, it's been beautiful. They've gone into Amsterdam and also made the trip to the Harley Davidson shop.
When we found out at my appointment on Tuesday that I'd basically made no more progress than the week before and then set the induction date for the following Monday, we decided it would be fun for them to get out and explore a little more of Europe, but still be within driving distance to get back if Eleanor shows up. So yesterday they rented a car and headed out for Belgium and France. They are visiting Normandy to see the American Military cemetery and the D-Day beaches.

They also hope to hit up Mont St. Michele

and Etretat and every Harley Dealers in between!


I so wish we could've gone with them but 5-6 hours in a car does not sound pleasant at this point and let's be honest, who wants their baby born in France??:)  So Dan and I are just hanging out back in the Netherlands, enjoying our last few days as a couple without kids (I feel like we've been saying that for weeks!).
I'm determined that my next update will be with pictures of our newborn baby girl so if you hear nothing out of me until next week, you know why. :)




1 comment:

  1. Sam!
    Paul went to Mont St Michele and loved it! Glad your parents are able to get out and see things while they are there. Keep hanging in there!! Waiting is hard!! Looking forward to baby pics next!! But the other ones are good too so feel free to post others :)
    Love ya, Katie

    ReplyDelete