Thursday, July 12, 2012

Love is in the Air!

So, this gal and this guy are getting married!!! She happens to be my best friend of nearly 20 years(wow, we are getting old). I could not be more ecstatic for her!! Her FIANCE', Adam, proposed last weekend right around their one year anniversary. Naturally, Meagan and I had been analyzing (ok, over analyzing) for weeks about when/if it might happen. I was so excited to wake up Saturday morning, turn on Skype, and see a message from Meagan at 3:30am. I knew right then that it had happened! They had waited to tell other people besides family until they got a hold of me. That is why she is my best friend people, because we all know how hard it is to keep that kind of information a secret for even a few hours!! 

Their journey started over a year ago when Adam finally realized how awesome Meagan was. :) I kid, because I had given him a hard time a few years before about how great I thought he and Meagan would be together. Luckily, instead of listening to me, he listened to God and I'm pretty sure His timing was better than mine:) I love how God works because less than 2 years ago at my wedding
Meg was not dating anyone and was worried about the dry spell we all experience in our dating lives! I remember saying that she never knew what the future held. That a year from now, she could be getting ready to plan her wedding! Now, I was off by a year but by that same time the following year, she was dating Adam!!

Now we get to have fun planning her wedding, talking about flowers and dresses, looking at honeymoon locations and picking out music. It is such a great joy to get to share in this time with these two. Adam's already been given the best friend approval test, literally a test I wrote up. In case you are wondering, he passed :). He understands how much she means to me and luckily I get the feeling that she means quite a bit to him so I'm pretty sure that I won't ever have to show him the wrath of Sam. I know she is in good hands. 

Megs, I love you and am so blessed to have you as my best friend! The journey you are embarking on is an incredible one and I'm so happy you get to take it with your other best friend. Now, let the fun begin!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment