Friday, June 17, 2011

Last few days in Cefalu

Today marks our  last full day in Cefalu. Tomorrow we take a train and then a ferry across to the Aeolian Islands and spend a few more nights on the island of Lipari. I've been soaking up the sun and enjoying the relaxing days.

The night before last, there was a total lunar eclipse (you might have seen the tribute to it on google). We were anxiously awaiting the arrival of the moon from behind the mountain. Unfortunately, when the moon finally did rise, it was already starting to come out of the eclipse, but it was still amazing to see it partially dark. What an exciting opportunity!!!

Yesterday, Dan was able to meet me at the beach on his lunch break.  On the beaches, they have these Chinese women who come by and offer to give you massages, right there on your beach chair. Well, these ladies in front of me were getting what looked like amazing massages and I heard the Chinese woman say, " 5 euros"!!!! 5 euros for a 30 minute leg and foot massage?? Yes please! So I motioned her over after she was done and she was very excited that she had another customer. So I got a very nice leg and foot massage on the beach yesterday.

We also ran into 2 Dutch women. I noticed them speaking Dutch and asked if they were from the Netherlands and they were! They were from The Hague, which is a few kilometers south of where we live! We had a nice, random conversation in the ocean, lamenting about the weather we all had to return to. 

Our hotel has a wellness center where they also do massages (unfortunately not for 5 euros though!). I had a Swedish massage by a real Swedish person!!! It was amazing and really felt like kinks were getting worked out.

I love being on vacation here. I'm pretty sure I will sink into a deep, dark depression when we get back to the Netherlands. Luckily I have friends arriving a day later and then we leave for France in another week to see part of the Tour De France with some friends. More on that later. Now, it's time to start packing up. I'm not sure what the internet situation will be on the island so if there are no updates, you know why. I will update when we return next Friday if I can't before then.


No comments:

Post a Comment