Friday, June 10, 2011

Holiday!

In less than 24 hours, this will be my residence for the next 2 weeks! We are so looking forward to this vacation. The last few weeks have been super busy, to say the least. Dan has had major deadlines he has been trying to meet, which means long days and late nights for him. I have been scrambling around trying to get in all my cleaning jobs and babysitting jobs as well as getting my own house in order to  receive guests as soon as we get back. I don't think either of us has gotten to bed before midnight in weeks.

But.

After we make it through our 3:30am wake up call, the early morning walk to the train station, catch the 4:38am train to the airport and catch our flight at 7am...we'll be free and clear!

This is going to be an adventure because unlike the Netherlands, the Italians don't speak a lot of English. I've been brushing up on my Italian. . .and by that I mean learning key phrases, "where is the bathroom"-Dov'e il bagno?" and "May I please have more pizza and gelato"- Per favore, posso avere piu pizza e gelato"
I think that about sums up the phrases I'll need to know :)

This is also our first experience packing together as a married couple. And by together, I mean, in one suitcase. We are only taking one suitcase because we are going to be doing a lot of walking with our suitcases and as we discovered the last time we came back from the States, less luggage = better when you're walking over cobblestone streets. So when Dan asked me last night if I really needed all those clothes, I looked at him and said, "Um. We are going to Italy. " He tucked his t-shirts deep down into the sides of the suitcase. :) 

Hopefully I'll have internet access there so after my long, hard days at the beach, I can come back and rest and post updates!

Arrivederci!!!

1 comment:

  1. all i can say... is you're living a dream! have so much fun and I can't wait to see more pics.

    ReplyDelete