Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Turning 30

30 Things Every Woman Should Quit Doing By 30
In honor of my impending 30th birthday, I found this little list of things that women should stop doing by the time they turn 30. Most of them are funny and some true.I'm going to try and post some gems about turning 30 this week leading up to my birthday. Maybe it will help me to face reality. :)


 things every women should stop doing once she turns 30.
  1. Buying clothes from the junior section.
  2. Forgetting her parents’ birthdays.
  3. Filling her bed with stuffed animals (really, even one is too many).
  4. Carrying a torch for anyone she hasn’t seen in the last five years.
  5. Rebelling against her parents for the sake of rebelling against her parents.
  6. Declaring an entire gender “all jerks.”
  7. Holding a grudge against anyone who wronged her in high school.
  8. Going to bed without washing and moisturizing her face.
  9. Being “that person” who had a bit too much to drink at the office party.
  10. Crushing on Justin Bieber.
  11. Thinking she’s got it all figured out
  12. Engaging in sibling rivalry.
  13. Trying to get by on her looks.
  14. Living paycheck to paycheck.
  15. Expecting a man/knight in shining armor to swoop in and save her.
  16. Aimlessly jumping from job to job.
  17. Using MySpace to pick up guys.
  18. Expecting a man to do all the wooing.
  19. Wishing she had someone else’s life.
  20. Expecting everyone to drop everything because it’s her birthday ...(uh i don't really see the problem with this one:) )
  21. ... or because her “boyfriend” of two weeks dumped her.
  22. Measuring her self-worth by a number on the scale.
  23. Being cheap.
  24. Quitting a job without having a new one lined up first (especially in this economy!)
  25. Romanticizing her 20s.

3 comments:

  1. I still do #1 without apology. Nobody sells Iron Maiden T-shirts for women over 30, so I have to buy them from stores that cater to kids. It's also related to #23, which I also do with some reservation (save money by shopping at Goodwill, but overtip good waiters and waitresses).

    And #13 is inappropriate at any age unless you're of an *ahem* certain profession.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I think I still have a few of those to work on. Age unknown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I do half the things on that list still and I'm almost 31! :) You know I'm the one who has "too much to drink" at the office party...

    ReplyDelete