For awhile there, I didn't know if we were going to make it. Our sleep schedules were not syncing with the time here. We were going to sleep at 8am and getting up at 3. This made for two very grouchy and off kilter people. But I think we are finally getting turned back around. We still wake up halfway through the night but at least we're sleeping part of it.
I am getting settled back into a routine here. The first few days were rough. I had a lot of mixed feelings about being here but I think now a lot of that was attributed to the sleep problems. I don't think I left the house in 3 days, letting Dan and I live off Christmas goodies for meals. That's right, peanut butter eggs, milano cookies, and junior mints were a good meal for us at 3am. (Hmm, wonder if I'll win any wife of the month awards this month?:). We just finished unpacking our final suitcase last night. I'm telling you, schedules have been waaaay off!!!
But yesterday was good and today was even better. I figured out why it felt like I was dragging a body behind my bike whenever I rode. It's amazing what a little air in your tires will do. I was really worried there for awhile that the month spent at home had completely taken me off the bike path (pun intended) and that I was just really that out of shape that biking a short distance left my legs screaming for rest and my lungs gasping for air. Nope! It was just a low tire. You should've seen me riding through town today...or should I say racing through town??
I've also picked up a few more cleaning jobs as well as a babysitting job. I'm grateful for these jobs and this chance to earn some money. Especially after we were told that my residency permit is going to cost 830 euros,which converts to $1076 US dollars. Yep. ridiculous. Hopefully Dan's work will be able to cover the cost this time but we may still have to pay next year when we renew. It's frustrating because who has that money lying around? Certainly not two newlyweds who live in a small apartment with no couch and ride bikes around. :)
So, all is well and getting back to normal here in Leiden. Hopefully the posts will come more frequently now that I have my head on back straight. We're looking forward to start planning our trips around Europe! Anyone have any suggestions for our first one? It will probably be around Valentine's Day, which we'll combine with a small celebration of our 6th month anniversary and Dan's 30th birthday!!(which, whoa, can anyone believe how fast time has flown??) Any recommendations would be awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Paris for Valentine's Day is super romantic.
ReplyDeleteswitzerland!
ReplyDelete