Thursday, January 6, 2011
Time Zones
The bad thing about traveling across several time zones is the way that it affects your body. We are 7 hours ahead of our friends and family back in Missouri. While the clock tells you that it is midnight, your body tells you that it is only 5pm and NOT time to go to bed. Our sleep schedule looked a little like this yesterday (and today).
Get off the plane at 7am, Netherlands time (midnight KC time). No sleep has been had since waking up the previous day at 7am(KC time). I do not sleep on planes. If anyone has any tips about how to sleep on an airplane, it would be much appreciated. It's the whole-sleeping sitting straight up-that gets me every time.
Get home at 10:15am and crawl into bed.
Wake up at 5:15pm, force ourselves to get out of bed, eat some dinner, unpack a few items to see that they made the trip (including Dan's sweet new walnut chess set I got him for Christmas!)
Check internet and get ready to watch some movies about 9:30pm, but instead fall asleep with the lights on.
Wake up at 1:30am, do some cleaning, watch movies and force ourselves to go back to sleep for a bit about 5:30am.
Sleep until noon...bad idea. But our bodies believe that it is the middle of the night. And I'm still tired.
It usually takes a few days to get turned around and even more time to get over the tiredness. I'm glad we don't have any major international traveling scheduled for awhile.
In the meantime, I think it might be time for a nap :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment