This post is a little late coming but it sort of fits with how my life has been the last few weeks so I feel it's only appropriate. :)
2010 was by far the best year of my life so far. In fact, I was sad on New Year's Eve because it was ending. Dan tried telling me that years are just a man made construct and that really our life is still continuing as is, but I don't really buy it. So I want to look at 2010 and then maybe look towards 2011 a little too.
January2010-At this time, Dan knew he was going to the Netherlands to finish his PhD. He had found out in mid-December and had accepted the position. I started my new/old job back with the Independence School District. I had been laid off in September due to budget cuts, started with a different school district, and then was invited back to start in January after someone left their position.
February 2010-Dan's 29th birthday, little did I know engagement plans were starting to form.
March 2010-my 29th birthday. Fabulous dinner and party with friends, including a spa package the day of with my mom! My best friend and I get invited to audition to be on Wheel of Fortune.
April 4, 2010-Easter. Dan somehow manages to surprise me on our Easter Basket hunt and with all of our family there, he asks me to be his wife! Read here for all the juicy details engagement
Later that week, as we are looking at sites for the wedding, I receive a letter stating that I had been chosen to be a contestant on Wheel of Fortune!!!! My only regret is that I didn't buy a lottery ticket that week:) Wedding is set for August. Dress is bought (first dress I tried on, I knew was the one!) Here are a few pics from some of the dresses I didn't choose!
The WINNER!!
May 2010- Dan leaves for the Netherlands to start his job, escaping a lot of the wedding planning. Fun parties begin and wedding planning is in full gear.
June 2010- My first bridal shower! My last day of work is June 30 since I work in a school and have part of the summer off.
July 2010-My second bridal shower, packing begins, wedding plans are in full swing and work begins on the do it yourself projects for the wedding.
August 2010- Wedding Month! More packing and selling. Dan comes back a week early and surprises me! Bachelorette party and spending time with friends and family.
August 21, 2010-Officially become Mrs. Caputo!
Leave for honeymoon in the Smokey Mountains!
September 2010- Sept 1- say goodbye to friends and family and head out to Amsterdam. Culture shock.
October 2010-Relearn how to ride a bike, start learning Dutch, figure out a new way of life.
November 2010-Get the call from Wheel of Fortune and start making plans to come home for Christmas!!! 1st Thanksgiving ever where I had to transport the turkey by bike.
December 2010-Spent the majority of the month back in the States! Took a girls trip to LA to be on Wheel of Fortune. Won a. . .oh wait, you thought I was going to slip up there huh? Stay tuned Feb 25 to see all the details!!!:) Saw Keifer Sutherland at Kat Von D's tattoo shop! Spent Christmas with family. Rode around in a car.
Overall I would say it was a fantastic year! And now looking on towards 2011, we want to start traveling within Europe. And what better place to start that than with a trip to Paris over Valentine's Day weekend!!
We are also looking forward to visitor's coming to see us, seeing Tulips in the Spring, and maybe a big anniversary trip in August! Dan and I also both turn 30 this year (boo!) and maybe, and it's a big MAYBE, we'll start thinking about kids towards the end of 2011. THINKING about it, moms!
Here's hoping everyone has a great 2011!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



bring on the babies! BUT only if you're ready, of course! ;)
ReplyDelete