Sunday, August 12, 2012

Weekend Fun

Life has been getting a little less crazy and a little more under control lately. And when I say "under control" , I really mean that we aren't running out of the room gagging when she starts pooping or scrambling for anything to put under her when she starts peeing while changing her diaper. We are getting out more and while it's still an event every time we go out, it's getting easier. The first time we went out on our own to take my parents to the airport, I packed a bottle, complete with formula and water but then forgot the nipple for her to drink. Luckily, she stayed fast asleep in her sling and we made it home without needing to feed her. But we are getting the hang of things now.

This weekend we ventured out quite a bit. On Saturday we walked around the market and Ellie went to her first "Belgian Beer Cafe" with me, Dan, and Ed. She had a meltdown at the end and I had to zoom her home in her stroller while the boys paid. The baby was hungry and screaming bloody murder. Hmm, remember when I said we were getting the hang of taking everything with us? Whoops. But I got her home, got the stroller disassembled and her bassinet part taken upstairs, all by myself, with her still screaming. I tried to feed her  on me first  ( as we are trying to just give her whatever she can get from me, as little as it may be-then giving her the formula afterwards) but she wasn't having it so I had to make a bottle with sweat streaming down my face and near tears because she had been screaming for a good 15-20 minutes by this time. Ahh but it's amazing what sweet relief a little food brings.

After this, we regrouped and headed out for our friend's house for a bbq. It was a lot of fun with friends and almost felt like things were back to normal. It was good to get out and do something we were familiar with! Our friends, KIndra and Samuel, also had a baby 2 weeks before Ellie was born (she was actually due 2 weeks after but baby Matteo had other plans!) and they were there and it's so fun to see the two babies together, so close in age! They haven't officially met yet because they're always sleeping when we are together but soon!!!

This morning we made our first voyage to church for baby Matteo's dedication. It's a very tricky ballgame getting all of us ready to go in time to catch the bus. No bike for me yet and she's still too small to put on a bike so we are left hoofing it or taking the bus. We walked to the bbq the day before and I was a little sore afterwards so we took the bus to church. She was not happy being in her stroller on the bus so Dan held her and she loved looking around. Church went great and she slept in my arms pretty much the whole time except for a few times where she woke up and just took everything in around her. She got to meet a lot of new people and got to show off her pretty peony dress that grandma bought her! Have to put her in the summer clothes while this weather allows!

Here are a few pics of her weekend! Dan's mom arrives tomorrow morning so we'll head back to the airport to get her and let Ellie meet her other grandma!! So excited!

1 comment:

  1. It will get better! If we have plans to go somewhere, I always prepare the diaper bag the night before & set out empty bottles/cups next to the bag & then all I have to do in the am is fill them up. We just prepare way in advance. Soon enough, you'll wonder what you & Dan ever did with all of your time without a baby! She is precious & I love seeing all of your pics of her.

    ReplyDelete