This past weekend, instead of celebrating the 4th of July, we cultured it up a little bit and had a South African Braai with our small group. Two of our friends are from Cape Town and helped us figure out how to have a braai. It's basically a bbq but with the focus being on the meat. The way to judge if you had a successful braai is if people get "meat sweats". Yep, it's disgusting. :) Also, there should be a rugby match on the tv (or in our case, the computer). We had a great time. I could not just let 4th of July go completely unnoticed so I made 4th of July cupcakes that Amy and Brennan had brought to me when they visited(that is for another post). I also brought baked beans that were also sent from the States.
We spent a little time jumping on a miniature trampoline in the backyard. That produced laughter like no other.While it was no 4th of July bbq (because there were fireworks and hotdogs missing) it was still a really fun time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment