Monday, May 16, 2011

Hey Mambo, Mambo Italiano!




So we confirmed last week that we are going to Sicily next month!!!! Dan has a conference there and he knew if he went to Italy without me, he'd have a slim chance of making it to his 31st birthday:). The best part is that his work pays for our hotel, all of Dan's food and Dan's airfare! So we have to fork over minimum cash! 

We will spend our first week in Cefalu, which is a small town in Sicily. (For those who don't know, Sicily is an island part of Italy.) It is right on the Mediterranean and boasts of black sand beaches and beautiful sights to see.

 I am so excited about this trip, I can hardly wait! After spending a week in Cefalu, we will be taking a ferry across to the Aeolian islands (if you look at the map above it is called isole Eolie). We'll be staying on the island of Lipari and as is Italian custom, we'll be renting a scooter to get around.


 This will probably be us




 Apparently the mafia used to be pretty big in Italy but not too much anymore. It used to be considered a more dangerous place to go, but not these days! They say to watch out from catcalls from Italian men, but little do they know that I'm married to one so I'm already used to that :). 

Europe is as great as it sounds but there is one negative side to living here and I'm afraid that I will experience this in abundance in Italy.


I mean really, who ever thought the speedo was a good idea???

Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment