Thursday, May 6, 2010

It's here!!!!

Dan received word that his visa was approved! So he goes to Chicago on Tuesday to get his visa. It will take 3 days to process the visa and then they will overnight it to him. So...this means he is looking to leave the week of May 17!!!:(  I think it is all setting in and becoming real now!!! This will be the longest in our 7 year relationship that we've been apart! But I keep telling myself it's only for 12 weeks and then we will be together the rest of our lives! Plus i'm excited for one of us to get over there and see what it's like.

In other news, I ordered 2 books today on the Netherlands  http://www.awcthehague.org/athomeinholland.php and Dutch for Dummies! I have been communicating with some families in Holland who are from America and have made similar transitions. These are some of the books they recommended that really helped their transition. More on those families later.

So for now, trying to enjoy our last few weeks together and getting him packed and ready to head for the low country:)

1 comment: