Wednesday, May 19, 2010

May 24, 2010 at 4:45 P.M.

That is the official date and time that Dan will be leaving for Leiden. :( :) A lot of mixed emotions happening right now. I'm sitting in my room listening to love songs on youtube. Meagan is probably weirded out for two reasons. 1. I don't really just hang out and listen to music and 2. It's after 11, usually my light is off and I'm headed to dreamland. Anyways, I'm happy he's going to get over there and get started in his job and get oriented to the country. This whole process has just been a constant reminder that God knows best! I would probably have an anxiety attack if I was moving to a different country and didn't know where I was going to be living when I got there. My heart is fluttering right now just thinking about it. But Dan is perfect for this adventure. The boy slept in his office for a few months for crying out loud! But it will be nice for him to get there, find housing for us, figure out the city a little bit so we are not like the blind leading the blind when I get there!

And obviously I'm sad that he's leaving. I think both of us really thought this day would never come. The whole time we've dated (7 years), we've never been apart this long. But what makes it even worse is that Leiden is 7 hours ahead of us so coordinating phone call (skype) times are going to be tricky. But I am thankful technology has advanced so much, at least in this area.

So this weekend will be full of "Amercican things" that Dan won't be able to do for 4 years! Things like...driving, Wal-Mart, and non-socialist ideas:)

1 comment:

  1. Dawg, quit stressing that you've dated for 7 YEARS!! Seriously!! haha

    I didn't even think about Wal-Mart? What will life be like without a Wal-Mart? You'd better stock up on deoderant. :)

    ReplyDelete