Saturday, March 22, 2014

On the lighter side...

So, even though my last post made it sound like everything is doom and gloom (and let's be honest, it pretty much was for the last several months), there is also a lot of exciting things happening in our life.  I'm a fan of lists (plus with 2 small children, it's faster and more efficient :) ) so here's a list of happenings in our life; past, present, and future.

1. Both kids are happy and thriving and doing different stuff every day. Ellie's language is just exploding and she cracks us up on a daily basis. Jonas is right on the verge of crawling. He can move himself around but has just started getting up on all fours and rocking back and forth and then lunging himself forward. It's hard to believe he is 6 months today.

2. We have dear friends coming in 2 weeks. I'm so excited to spend time with these friends, that I cannot contain it! It's been over 2 years since we've seen them.

3. Speaking of them coming, that also means in a little over 2 weeks, I'll be sitting in London with my friend, drinking high tea, paparazzing the royals, and getting uninterrupted sleep for the first time in 6 months. I'm excited to see London but I'm more excited to have 2 days of kid-free, girl time. Also, this will totally be me...and if you don't know what this is, I'm not sure we're really friends.


4. After we come back from London, we leave a few days after that for Mallorca, Spain. Our family, their family, and another friend have all rented a Spanish villa for a week and plan to spend our days soaking up the sun and drinking Spanish wine.




5. Dan is plugging full steam ahead to finish up his PhD. Which means we are also in full job searching mode. This is an exciting, yet scary time.

6. Since Dan is finishing up, it means we should be back stateside in the fall!!! It's hard to believe we've been here almost 4 years! We left as newlyweds with 7 suitcases to our name and will come back with 2 kids, a ton more stuff, and memories that will stay with us forever.

A lot of changes are headed our way but we're excited to see where our next adventure will lead us. I'm going to try and stay on top of blogging but you know how that goes so we'll see:)


No comments:

Post a Comment