Many of you have expressed interest in what it's like to bike around with child. Well, I can tell you that it's a lot of things. It's scary, freedom, fun, hilarious, easy, and makes for great pictures. We started biking with Ellie when she was 9 months old, I think. We got our bike seat off a second hand site, mounted it to my bike and we were off! Well, actually I rode around the block a few times with a bag of flour but then we were off!!
Biking gives me a new sense of freedom as I am no longer tied to a bus schedule. Ellie loves being on the bike. She chatters on and on the whole time she's on it. She loves to look around and check out her new surroundings.
The greatest thing that has happened is that Ellie has fallen asleep on the bike! Yup, as we are riding along, Ellie just sort of slumps over and next thing I know she is asleep. Sometimes I try to support her head with one hand while steering the bike with another. It's no use though, she just flops around asleep while I keep laughing.
So I can definitely recommend that if you can get your hands on a baby bike seat, do it! Pretty soon we will have to transfer Ellie to Dan's bike because the bigger I get, the harder it is to fit on the bike behind the bike seat. I'm sure she'll love it because Dan's a faster bike rider than me.
It should be interesting next year when I ride with 2 babies on the bike!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






How in the world do you fit two babies on a bike?!?!?!
ReplyDelete- E
One on the front like Ellie is now, and then we put another seat(a bit bigger)on the back like this
ReplyDeletehttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/-oyPoJ6J8LQo/T52CP8R5emI/AAAAAAAAofQ/dXYzwpivB3w/s1600/amsterdam-bikes-style.jpg